Feijoa Coconut Muffins
These feijoa coconut muffins are so light and tasty, yet so super simple to make! They're gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free so tick all the boxes. Leave off the nuts on the top and they're nut free too! Suitable to double and freeze, or will stay fresh in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 6 muffins
- ¼ c coconut flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- 2 T LSA-P, optional but adds great nutritional value
- 3 eggs
- 3 T coconut oil, melted
- 3 T maple syrup
- ½ t vanilla essence
- ½ c feijoa pulp, roughly chopped
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare the muffin tins, either with patty liners or grease with butter or oil or use silicon moulds.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Sift in the coconut flour and baking powder, then add the LSA-P (if using) and lightly fold until smooth. Don't worry if the coconut flour clumps a little bit, it will smooth out while cooking.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin trays. Sprinkle over the slivered almonds. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container or serve for dessert with whipped cream or natural yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt!).
For other healthy delicious recipes for the whole family, covering snacks, breakfasts, lunches, dinners or sweet treats, check out the healthy recipes section on my website.
Leave A Comment