Light & Moist Bran Feijoa Muffins
These deliciously light and fluffy feijoa muffins are a perfect way to up yours or your childrens fibre intake. Super simple and easy to make, they can be whipped up in a flash and make a great addition to your kids lunch boxes. Depending on what fruit is in season, the feijoa pulp can be easily swapped out with apple, blueberry, pear, banana or anything else you desire. The feijoa muffins are suitable to freeze.
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 10-12 muffins
- 1 c bran
- ¾ c spelt flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ⅓ c coconut sugar
- 1 t ground ginger
- ¼ c currants
- ¼ t salt
- ¾ c milk
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 c feijoa pulp
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Prepare a 12 hole muffin tray with liners, or spray with oil. Alternatively, rub with butter to avoid sticking.
- Combine the bran, spelt flour, baking powder, ginger, coconut sugar, salt and currants in a bowl .
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, baking soda, egg and feijoa pulp and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into a 12 cup muffin tray and bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve for morning or afternoon tea or warm as a dessert with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Store the feijoa muffins in an airtight container in the cupboard or in the freezer.
For more healthy baking ideas or dinners for the whole family, have a look at my Healthy Recipes on my website.