Egg + Spinach Savoury Pancakes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 T ricotta cheese (or you could use crumbled feta), use nutritional yeast flakes if dairy free
- 1 t pesto (or use fresh basil, finely chopped if dairy free)
- 1 c spinach, finely chopped
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- ½ T oil (I used coconut oil)
- a spread of hummus, see recipe HERE
- a spread of Annabel Langbein's Harvest Sauce, see recipe HERE
- a handful of rocket leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ avocado, cut up into small portions
- some fresh basil leaves
- a drizzle of homemade mayo, (I used a homemade cashew cream)
- Heat the oil in a heavy based fry pan over a medium heat. Combine all the pancake ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly. Pour into the pan and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, until brown and set and then flip over and cook the other side. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Add your toppings on top and serve immediately. If you're taking to work, make the pancake prior, allow to cool completely and take your toppings in a separate container.
- For other quick and easy lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert ideas for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section on my website.