Egg + Spinach Savoury Pancakes
These pancakes are quick, easy, super tasty and a great alternative to sandwiches, especially if you're gluten free and are looking for some new ideas. The toppings I've added are just suggestions and what I had in the fridge, but you could use anything you have on hand.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1 pancake
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 T ricotta cheese (or you could use crumbled feta), use nutritional yeast flakes if dairy free
- 1 t pesto (or use fresh basil, finely chopped if dairy free)
- 1 c spinach, finely chopped
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- ½ T oil (I used coconut oil)
Completely your choice of what you put on top but I used:
- Heat the oil in a heavy based fry pan over a medium heat. Combine all the pancake ingredients in a bowl and mix evenly. Pour into the pan and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, until brown and set and then flip over and cook the other side. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Add your toppings on top and serve immediately. If you're taking to work, make the pancake prior, allow to cool completely and take your toppings in a separate container.
Note: I always have the likes of hummus, a homemade dressing or sauce and if in season, a tomato based sauce in the fridge to add different flavours to this sort of thing so that they're on hand and ready to use if necessary. They're great to add to a sandwich too.
- For other quick and easy lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert ideas for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section on my website.
Leave A Comment