Edamame Falafel Wraps | Burgers | Fritters
These edamame falafels are super quick and easy to make, are a great protein source, ideal in burgers, wraps, tacos or just on their own as fritters. Served with a lovely minty yoghurt dressing and salad or a coleslaw.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 15 patties
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ c fresh parsley, basil, mint or oreganum (whatever you have)
- 3 c edamame beans, defrosted (or a mix of edamame and chickpeas)
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 3 T chickpea flour
- ½ t salt
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
To Serve (your choice)
- cucumber, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- wholegrain wraps (GF if required)
- mayo of your choice or ½ c natural yoghurt, combined with finely chopped mint and lemon juice
- a sprinkling of seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- To make the falafels, place the garlic, red onion, herbs, edamame (and chickpeas if using), cumin, coriander, chickpea flour, salt, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. If you don't have a food processor, you could try a nutri bullet. Puree until the mixture is almost completely smooth.
- Brush or spray a baking sheet with some oil. Using a large spoon, scoop out balls of the edamame mixture and compact them with your hands. Place them on the prepared tray and brush or spray the tops with oil.
- Bake the falafel in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip and cook another 10-12 minutes until done and browned on top. They will be quite soft but will firm up slightly when cooking. If you're short of time, alternatively you could cook them in a fry pan in a small amount of oil
- Serve with wraps, coleslaw and anything else you desire. Sprinkle with seeds.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe because it's gluten-free and you're after more direction with transitioning to being gluten-free, grab my FREE Swap & Stock – Your MUST HAVE Gluten-Free Pantry Guide which includes a ‘Swap Out' Guide for Common Ingredients' & 'Stock Your Pantry for Gluten-Free Success' checklist - check out all the details HERE.