Cucumber Bites | Healthy Party Snacks
Your kids will be able help to make these cute healthy party snacks and have fun choosing hairstyles and eyes. Or they could make a creative afternoon tea idea too. These are super easy and fun for the kids to be involved with, yet really nutritious. They're creative and appealing, therefore the kids are more likely to try them. Very flexible in terms of other fillings that can be used, making them a super fast snack idea when you're in a hurry or when you’ve got no other food in the house! Suitable for all allergy sufferers, depending on the chosen fillings.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 12 slices
- telegraph cucumber
- cottage cheese
- fresh herbs such as dill, chives, mint or parsley
optional extras: fun decorative eyes (see Yum Yum Kids website HERE).
- Cut the cucumber rounds approximately 2 cm wide.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop some of the cucumber flesh out to make a small hollow ‘nest’ in the round (be careful not to scoop right through).
- Spoon cottage cheese into the hollows and top with fresh herbs and decorative eyes.
- The cucumber can be topped with other fillings such as tuna or chicken and mayonnaise, and even add some corn in when in season. Or a combination of sundried tomatoes, olives and pesto/basil as a great snack idea for kids or adults.
For some healthy lunchbox ideas, see my two cookbooks, Healthy Lunchbox Love and 21 Day Marvellous Lunchbox Makeover or checkout the bundle option HERE – full of quick and easy healthy lunchbox ideas, along with bonus breakfast, dinners and dessert recipes too. Suitable for the whole family.
Head to the YumYum Kids website to find out more about the food picks featured in the photo.