Raw Courgette Salad w Thai Tahini Dressing
This courgette salad is so quick and easy to make, filled with nutritious goodness and can either be a side dish or a main meal with additional protein. My suggestion is to prepare all the ingredients and then toss together just before serving, or if preparing ahead of time, add the dressing just before serving. It's lovely and summery, and has a bit of a kick from the Thai red curry paste which is a lovely addition to the flavours. If you're not familiar with tahini paste, it's ground up sesame seeds and is often used as the base to hummus. It can be purchased at your local health food store or Bin Inn. I buy the hulled because it's less bitter but you can buy either.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1-2 serves
- 2 medium courgettes, zoodled (or grated)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 6 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ c mint, finely chopped
- ¼ c parsley, finely chopped
- ½ avocado
- ½ c walnuts, lightly toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 T tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ t thai red curry paste
- juice of one lemon
- ½ T pure maple syrup
- ½ T soy sauce (tamari if GF)
- To make the courgette salad, combine the zoodled or grated courgette, sliced red pepper, sundried tomatoes, mint and parsley, avocado & walnuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and just before serving, drizzle over and toss. Garnish with extra herbs and serve. For a complete meal, add some protein like chicken, tuna, salmon or some pan fried tofu.
!For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe because it's gluten-free and you're after more direction with transitioning to being gluten-free, grab my FREE Swap & Stock – Your MUST HAVE Gluten-Free Pantry Guide which includes a ‘Swap Out' Guide for Common Ingredients' & 'Stock Your Pantry for Gluten-Free Success' checklist - check out all the details HERE.