Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These coconut flour chocolate chip cookies are super delicious, not overly sweet and freeze really well so perfect for lunchboxes. I love coconut flour, it's got a great flavour but do ensure you follow a recipe using coconut flour rather than just subbing it out in normal recipes because it has very unique properties and requires a lot of liquid to absorb it.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 12 -15
- ½ c peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ c coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t cinnamon
- ¼ t mixed spice
- ¼ t salt
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ c dark chocolate chips (I used Healtheries Sugar Free)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a non-stick baking sheet.
- To make the coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, place the peanut butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and process again until evenly combined. Remove the blade of the food processor or transfer into another bowl.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice and salt over the top. Sprinkle in the coconut flour and chocolate chips and hand mix until combined. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb the liquid - this is quite a soft mixture.
- Using damp hands, roll into 12-15 balls (depending what size you want them but they will expand a bit when cooking), and space evenly on the prepared tray. Press down lightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown and feel slightly dry to touch. They will still be soft. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container either in the cupboard (for 2-3 days), in the fridge (for up to a week) or in the freezer.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.