Chocolate Nut & Seed Bar
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Cakes & Biscuits, Sweet Treats
Serves: 15-18 pieces
- ¼ c honey, melted
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted
- ¼ c pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- ¼ c ground linseed
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c buckwheat groats
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ c sugar free chocolate melts
- Combine the melted honey and coconut oil in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chocolate) and stir until evenly combined.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking dish with baking paper. Press the mixture firmly down with damp hands, pressing firmly into the corners. You may need to re dampen your hands.
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours until set.
- Place the chocolate melts in a small bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water. Once melted, evenly spread the chocolate over the base mixture. Return to the fridge for 1 hour until set.
- Cut up into bars. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.