Chickpea Savoury Pancakes
- 1 c chickpea flour (aka garbanzo bean or besan)
- ½ t salt
- 1 c water, plus extra if needed
- 1 t cumin powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ c red or green pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ c fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 T nutritional yeast flakes, optional
- oil for cooking
- For serving: salsa, avocado, hummus, cashew cream or mayo of your choice
- Add the chickpea flour, salt, water, cumin powder and garlic powder into a bowl using a whisk, stir swiftly to remove lumps. Use the back of a spoon or whisk to press any lumps against the side of the bowl to smooth out.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a heavy based fry pan over medium-high heat with a small amount of oil. Add about ¼ c of batter, swirling to spread around. I find it easier to keep them small rather than one big one as they're easier to flip but play around with the size. Cook the pancake until golden (approx. 2 minutes) and then flip and cook the other side. Remove pancake to a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with desired extras and fresh coriander. Suitable to freeze once cool.