Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Salad, Main
- 3 T tamari soy sauce
- 3 T water
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 1 T coconut sugar
- a dash of fish sauce
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 T peanut butter (or tahini paste if nut free)
- 450gm skinless chicken (breast or thighs), cut into
- small pieces
- 1 t sesame oil
- 2 T tamari soy sauce
- 1 T honey
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 ½ c broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ c mint, roughly chopped
- 10 green beans, cut into small chunks
- 1 c red cabbage, finely sliced
- 180gm buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ c peanuts, roughly chopped
- Combine all the sauce ingredients together in a shaker bottle and shake until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of plenty of water to the boil. Add the soba noodles and when it’s boiling again, reduce to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under warm water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the chicken, tamari soy sauce and honey and cook for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.