Chermoula Herb Sauce
This delicious Chermoula Herb Sauce is an amazing way to use up an abundance of herbs in the garden if you find them going to seed. Blend everything in a food processor and you're left with an intensely aromatic blend of herbs which is fantastic served with any fish, chicken, beef or lamb, or drizzled over roasted vegetables or even used as a marinade for chicken breasts. Give it a go and you'll be amazed how you ever survived without it!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 c fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 c fresh coriander
- ½ c fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 t cumin powder
- 2 small red or green chilli’s, deseeded and chopped, optional, or a pinch of chilli flakes
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ½ t sweet ground paprika
- ½ t ground turmeric
- ⅓ c olive oil
- sea salt
- water for desired consistency
- To make the chermoula sauce, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your palate. If you prefer a thinner sauce, and more oil, lemon juice or water.
- Serve with pan fried fish fillets, crumbed chicken, five spice pork, pork and apple patties, corn and carrot fritters or anything else you desire that's mentioned above.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe because it's gluten-free and you're after more direction with transitioning to being gluten-free, grab my FREE Swap & Stock – Your MUST HAVE Gluten-Free Pantry Guide which includes a ‘Swap Out Guide for Common Ingredients' & 'Stock Your Pantry for Gluten-Free Success' checklist - check out all the details HERE.
Leave A Comment