Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Dessert, Sweet Treat
- ½ c buckwheat groats
- ¼ c linseed
- ¼ c millet
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c cacao powder
- ¼ c cacao nibs (optional)
- 6 medjool dates, stones removed & roughly chopped
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ⅓ c coconut oil, melted
- baking paper or small cupcake liners
- strawberries for serving
- Place the buckwheat groats, linseed, millet, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs and cacao powder in a bowl and evenly combine.
- Place the medjool dates, maple syrup and the melted coconut oil in the food processor and process until evenly mixed and smooth (with a little bit of texture).
- Combine the two bowls together.
- Cut the baking paper into small squares (or use small cupcake liners), line each muffin cup with the baking paper and fill with the mixture. Press down with slightly dampened hands until the mixture is firmly compacted. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
- Remove the liners and serve with fresh strawberries.