Red Shot Buckwheat Crackles
Remember those chocolate crackles that you used to make as a kid? With kremelta and rice bubbles? These are a healthy twist on those and divine served with fresh strawberries when they're in season.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 20 small
- ½ c buckwheat groats
- ¼ c linseed
- ¼ c millet
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c cacao powder
- 2 t Nutrient Rescue Red Shot powder (optional)
- 4 medjool dates, stones removed & roughly chopped
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- ⅓ c coconut oil, melted
- baking paper or small cupcake liners
- strawberries for serving
- Place the buckwheat groats, linseed, millet, sunflower seeds, cacao powder and Nutrient Rescue Red Shot powder in a bowl and evenly combine.
- Place the medjool dates, maple syrup and the melted coconut oil in the food processor and process until evenly mixed and smooth (with a little bit of texture).
- Combine the two bowls together.
- Line each muffin cup with the cupcake liners and fill with the mixture. Press down with slightly dampened hands or the back of a spooon until the mixture is firmly compacted. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Remove the liners and serve on their own or with fresh fruit.
Note: For more information or to order some Nutrient Rescue Shot Powder, go to www.nutrientrescue.nz/wn1 and receive a 15% discount off your full order.