Black Bean Brownie Santa Hats
Author: Wick Nixon
- 400gm can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted (I use Tanna Farms)
- ½ c cacao powder
- ¼ t sea salt
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ⅓ c coconut sugar
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- Heat oven to 160C. Line approximately a 23cm x 23cm baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, sea salt, vanilla essence, coconut sugar and baking powder and process until really smooth, approximately 2 minutes. Pour into prepared tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, (mine took 18 minutes) until soft to touch and not too firm, it will firm up once you've taken it out of the oven. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack. Using a sharp knife, cut into rounds tracing around a circular item.
- The icing was made with a healthy coconut icing mix, blended with some softened coconut oil for the required consistency. Or you could make a standard icing. Use the icing to stick the strawberry on top and finish with a dollop on the top.
Note: I highly recommend using Tanna Farms coconut oil for this recipe. To check out their products (they do bulk tubs of coconut oil) and to access a 20% discount, head to www.tannafarms.com.vu and use the code 'wickedoil' on checkout. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment