Beetroot Rice Salad w Feta & Avocado
- 4 raw beetroot, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- ½ spring onion, finely chopped
- a handful of mint, finely chopped
- a handful of rocket leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled, use goats cheese if dairy free
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 t red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 T oil
- 1 t ground cumin
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- 1 T sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- To make the beetroot salad, place the beetroot into a food processor, and pulse until it looks like rice grains (or finely grate). Transfer to a bowl. Mix through the spring onion, spinach or rocket leaves and mint.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Place the cubed avocado on the top, and finish with the crumbled feta.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and set aside. Just before serving, pour over the dressing, and finish off with the toasted sunflower seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!