Beetroot Rice Salad w Feta & Avocado
Have you ever tried beetroot rice? It's super simple, quick, easy and absolutely delicious. Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance. Add this beetroot salad to your next barbecue, add some protein and make it your evening meal or even put it on the able for Christmas Day!
Author: Wick Nixon
- 4 raw beetroot, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- ½ spring onion, finely chopped
- a handful of mint, finely chopped
- a handful of rocket leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled, use goats cheese if dairy free
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 t red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 T oil
- 1 t ground cumin
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- 1 T sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- To make the beetroot salad, place the beetroot into a food processor, and pulse until it looks like rice grains (or finely grate). Transfer to a bowl. Mix through the spring onion, spinach or rocket leaves and mint.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Place the cubed avocado on the top, and finish with the crumbled feta.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and set aside. Just before serving, pour over the dressing, and finish off with the toasted sunflower seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
!For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe because it's gluten-free and you're after more direction with transitioning to being gluten-free, grab my FREE 'Swap & Stock – Your MUST HAVE Gluten-Free Pantry Guide' which includes a ‘Swap Out' Guide for Common Ingredients' & 'Stock Your Pantry for Gluten-Free Success' checklist - check out all the details HERE.