Vegetable Quinoa Cakes
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Lunch, snacks, dinner, vegetarian
Serves: 10 cakes
- ½ c quinoa (about 1 cup cooked)
- 2 eggs
- ½ chopped red onion
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 6 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ c grated cheese
- ¼ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1 t paprika
- 4 gherkins, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 t pesto
- ¼ c fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ c black olives, chopped
- 2 T capers
- ½ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Place the quinoa and one cup of water in a pot. Cover and bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Grease or line a muffin tray with baking paper (I use the oversized muffin trays) and press the mixture in firmly. Bake for 20 -25 minutes (less if you're using the smaller muffin tins). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Suitable to freeze. Makes 5 large or 10 small vegetable cakes.