This avocado hummus is the best hummus ever! It's rich and creamy and packed with that irresistible avocado flavour, along with healthy fats and protein that we know are so good for us. Think hummus meets guacamole, what more could you want? Perfect dip for veggies or pita chips/tortilla chips or as a spread for your favourite sandwiches.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1½ - 2 cups
- 1 x 400 gm can chickpeas, well drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cored and peeled
- 3 T olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 ½ T tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 t cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Optional: 2 T nutritional yeast flakes (or parmesan cheese)
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle of sweet paprika, and a drizzle of olive oil
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To make the avocado hummus, blend the chickpeas, avocado, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic, cumin and salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth, this may take up to a minute. Wipe down the sides as you go with a spatula. Add the coriander and nutritional yeast flakes if using and process for a further 30 seconds. Adjust flavour as required by adding more seasoning or lemon juice/cumin powder. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and coriander and a dusting of sweet paprika.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips on its own or as part of a grazing platter. With the lime juice being a natural preservative, it will last for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment