Avocado Fries - Baked | Gluten-Free
Baked, not fried, these avocado fries are baked are a healthy snack or entree. A little bit out of the ordinary, paired with the dipping sauce, they're delicious! Gluten-free option offered, or if it's not required, a non gluten-free option is given too, making them even more crispy!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 3-4 serves
- ¼ c chickpea flour (or normal flour)
- ¼ t salt
- ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 eggs, whisked
- ½ c ground almonds, or panko crumbs if not gluten free
- 2 T black sesame seeds
- 2-3 firm, ripe avocados, cold out of the fridge
- ½ c natural yoghurt
- ½ t cumin powder
- 2 T lemon juice
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- ½ t smoked paprika
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1 T finely chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 220 C. Line a baking tray with a baking sheet or baking paper.
- To make the avocado fries, using three separate bowls, in one dish, mix together the chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder & black pepper. In a second bowl, add the whisked eggs and in a third, the ground almonds (or panko crumbs if using) mixed with the black sesame seeds.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, and then cut each half into 6 wedges. Using a blunt knife or small spoon, scoop out of the skin.
- Dip the avocado wedges into the flour mixture, then the egg, and then the almond flour mix (or panko crumbs). Place on the baking tray.
- When all of the avocados have been coated, place the sheet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes., turning half way through. The “fries” should be golden and crispy. Remove and serve with dipping sauce immediately, while hot.
- While the fries are cooking, combine all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small jar. Set aside.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my BRAND NEW eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment